Wednesday 28 November 2012

Isn't it interesting, the power of music!



Isn't it interesting, the power of music! Sitting in my room with worship music playing in my ears, singing out loud annoying whoever can hear, yet in joyous oblivion just worshipping my God. What a blessing it is that we can have such a range of music which when we choose to do more than just ‘listen’ can help take us into the very presence of ALMIGHTY GOD!

James 4:8 (NKJV)
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you”.

Over the couple of months I have been finishing university for the year and it has been quite stressful, having a lot on my plate, just like everyone else. I remember getting into my car from university one afternoon after listening to a couple of tedious lectures and a long tutorial feeling tired and stressed. I turned on some worship music I had on my phone, and as I started to drive towards home I began to mindlessly sing along.

Slowly as I started to actually sing from my heart, I felt as if I was being pulled from a haze and felt joy creep its way into my heart and I began to smile. Anyone who is tired and stress knows that smiles are few and far between. I tend to smile and laugh quite easily, yet when on your own with the “weight of the world” on your shoulders, it can be hard to be joyful.

It is truly amazing, that as I took my gaze off myself and my circumstances and worshipped God, declaring who He is and reaffirming His sovereign place in my life, my whole attitude changed!

This is just one example; God has been showing me that He has given me worship and the music which helps as a blessing. It is just amazing how God uses everything, even my worship to Him, to bless me! WOW!

I want to encourage you next time you are feel you’re on top of the world or feeling like the world is on you shoulders, WORSHIP … focus on God, He is BIGGER than it all!




If this is the earth compared to our sun (this is no looking at earth in comparison to the Milky Way or the known universe) … then how big is God, the creator of it all?

God Bless!!!


Here are just a few links to some good worship music .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment